[Retros] Messigny 2003 (call for problems)

CAILLAUDM at aol.com CAILLAUDM at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 15:57:25 EST 2003

Hello,

This year, I am organising the traditional Retro Solving Tournament (the
French Retro Solving Championship) at the Messigny meeting (6th-9th June).
It consists in about 8 problems to solve in 2 hours. The selection composed
of originals should ideally include a retro accessible to "everybody" and a
fairy retro. The "classical" retros should have clearcut stipulation (last m
moves?, last n captures? a.s.o.) so as to make notation of competitors
unquestionable.
A report of the competition will be published in Phenix and problems will
later be judged together with other retros published in Phenix 2003.

You are welcome to submit a problem for the competition.
If so, you should send it to me (not to the list!), preferably without the
solution so I can test the difficulty (not over-difficult please : il will
not be selected if I can't solve it in a 2- hours time!), and keep your
problem secret from anybody else...

Best wishes,
Michel