[Retros] Castlind on cylindrical boards

Joost de Heer ildjarn666 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:27:34 EDT 2002

>does anyone know how castling works in problems on cylindrical boards?

>For example: is castling possible with Ke1/Ra1 leading to the position

>Kg1 Rf1 (besides the normal castling)?

As far as I know, there are 4 castling types in vertical cylinder chess. In
two castlings, the white king ends on c1 and the rook on d1 and in the other
two the king ends up on g1 and the rook on f1. About a year ago there was a
composition by Étienne Dupuis in StrateGems which used this ultra-long
castling. (it was a correction of a composition in which this ultra-long
castling was a cook)

Joost
--
I'm sitting here alone in darkness, waiting to be free [ Solitude ]
Lonely and forlorn I'm crying [Candlemass]