[Retros] On Fieberg's task : "everyone gives check".

fieberg at gcr.com fieberg at gcr.com
Wed Oct 16 03:43:27 EDT 2002

It seems that Nicolas Dupont is the first author who fulfilled my task #1
or are there other SPGs known composed earlier?
I wonder whether it will be possible to manage the task in less than 14.5
moves.

Regards,
CF

----- Forwarded by Christoph Fieberg/GCR-Germany/GRN on 16.10.02 09:36
-----

Nicolas DUPONT
<dupont at agat.univ To: retros at janko.at
-lille1.fr> cc:
Sent by: Subject: [Retros] On Fieberg's task : "everyone gives check".
retros-admin at jank
o.at

15.02.04 07:41
Please respond to
retros

Dear retro friends;

I've got the following exact pj (C+ in 4.5s with Euclide), where every
white men (except king and pawns) gives check.

1) d4 e6 2) Dd3 Re7 3) Fg5+ Rd6 4) Dg3+ Rd5 5) e3 b5 6) Fc4+ bxc4 7) Cf3 c3
8) 0-0 cxb2 9) Cc3+ Rc4 10) Cd5 b1D 11) c3 Dxa2 12) Ce5+ Rb3 13) f3 Dc2
14) Ta3+ Rb2 15) Tb1+

It is perhaps possible to go quickly, but I haven't see the way.

The next step is, in my opinion, to find a "short" exact pj where every
white pawn gives check (in its original form or after having been
promoted).

Sincerely;

Nicolas Dupont.

To: retros at janko.at
07.10.02 23:20 cc:
Subject: 3 tasks

1) SPG where each white piece - apart from pawns - gives a check.

2) SPG where each white piece - including pawns - gives a check. Pawns may
do this as promoted piece.

3) SPG where each white piece - including pawns - gives a check. Pawns are
not allowed to give a check as promoted piece.

Very nice would be:
- each piece gives a check only once
- the last move is a double checkmate
- the number of moves is as short as possible.

Regards,
CF