[Retros] Solutions problems from Mark Kirtley's article

Joost de Heer ildjarn666 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 03:52:21 EST 2002

>I also think (like Andrew Buchanan) that symmetry conditions are not

>well-established here.

Intuitively, I'd say: Take the set of white moves, and the set of black
moves, rotated around the center. You want:
(a) the overlap to be as small as possible
(b) If there are captures, the capture of a certain piece should preferrably
occur
(b1) on a different square
(b2) by a different piece

For me, 1. e4 d5 is a rotational-symmetric opening, despite the asymmetry in
the king/queen positions.

Joost
--
Wartend auf einen schmerzlosen Tod           [Dornen]
Die Flammen der Hölle sind nichts            [Abigor]