[R129 SL] TRANSMISSION

Jonathan Hodgman jhodgman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:55:32 EDT 2009

Ah, I thought you were stating your transmission was having issues IYO.

That aside, ETA has quite likely died as stated prior, I'm surprised you
don't have a CEL..I'll wager there are codes stored in the system though.

Has your harness been repalced? If not I'd plan on getting one alone w/
your new (reman) ETA.

Jonathan

Blue Ridge Mercedes/AMG East
Offering Enthusiast Service, Restoration and Tuning.
Located in the Greater Atlanta area.
http://www.blueridgemb.com
404 805 1357

1996 S600 Euro
1991 560SEC Euro ECE
1991 560SEC GT28 Conversion
1990 500SL Japan
1989 190E 2.6 factory 5sp
1989 560SEC ECE AMG Japan
1989 560SEC AMG Solid Lifter/6800rpm
1988 300TE
1987 300E AMG
1986 560SEL AMG 6.0L 32V
1986 AMG Hammer 6.0L 32V
2006 Z4 3.0Si M spec 6sp

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 8:12 AM, william hughes <
jennianenterprises at verizon.net> wrote:

> never any issues with the transmission.

> the problem started literally as i was driving along

> a city street - as the power cut back i pulled off the road.

> i did manage to get home - about 5 miles or so

> Joe wrote:

>> That eventually ended up being the issue I had. Be thankful you only have

>> one throttle accuator

>> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

>>> Subject: [R129 SL] TRANSMISSION

>>> Sent: Apr 29, 2009 12:49 PM

>>> suddenly my 1995 sl500 developed a transmission problem?

>>> while driving i felt a lack of power - pulled over engine was

>>> hesitating - almost feeling like it would stall when in gear -

>>> idle was fine.

>>> when starting from a stop, almost no power - engine races and slaps

>>> into gear - races again then shifts - but very little power or

>>> accelleration.