[R129 SL] Top and Rollbar warning lights

seitle seitle at whidbey.com
Thu Apr 9 22:57:28 EDT 2009

I posted on this and so did Jody. I just want to tell everyone that this problem can only be properly diagnosed with the on-line diagnostic system and the availability of a code reader and interpreter. I reported that my top and rollbar no op lights came on the other day. I visited my independent shop (Automaster II- Ernie Schmidt) today. He read the code. It was "voltage low". He reset the code and all is well. (No charge) I keep my battery on a trickle charger when the car sits for long periods, but the battery in the trunk behind the carpet valance does not get a lot of attention. After five years I may need to replace it.

Rolf