[R129 SL] Top and Rollbar Warning Lights

BJonesNY at aol.com BJonesNY at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 13:46:32 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/7/2009 12:16:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
r129list-request at mbcoupes.com writes:

1. Top and Rollbar Warning Lights (seitle)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:09:46 -0700
From: "seitle" <seitle at whidbey.com>
Subject: [R129 SL] Top and Rollbar Warning Lights
To: <r129list at mbcoupes.com>

After not using my 96 SL320 for a couple of weeks, I find that both the
rollbar and top warning indicators are on and both functions do not operate. I am
checking hydraulic fluid level and disconnected and reconnected the battery
to see if there would be a reset. No good. Anyone have a suggestion? It seems
that there was a recent posting on this subject, but I cannot find it.

Rolf Seitle
Rolf, Did you have the engine running with doors closed when you tried to
lower the top or rollbar? Have you tried to re-synch the windows, i.e., with
the engine running, press the window down buttons together and hold down for
5-10 seconds after the window has retreated all the way; then raise the
windows and hold the buttons down, etc.

If the resynching of the windows doesn't achieve the results you want, you
may have to clear the error codes in the top controller and try again. If the
error codes return and lights blink, please have the codes read and post
them here for assistance.

Bob

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or