[R129 SL] 1996 SL320 Soft Top and Roll Over Bar Indicator Lights

Anil M Seunath amseunath at atlanticlng.com
Thu Apr 2 08:01:12 EDT 2009

Check the fluid reservior under the spare tire. Sounds like the hydraulic
fluid is low.

"Jody Techlin" <starfishsailor at mail.com>
Sent by: r129list-bounces at mbcoupes.com
02/04/2009 07:38 AM
Please respond to
SL Mailing List <r129list at mbcoupes.com>

cc

Subject
[R129 SL] 1996 SL320 Soft Top and Roll Over Bar Indicator Lights

Hello,
Yesterday I had my 1996 SL320 detailed. When the fellow finished the
detailing he lowered the top which operated just fine so I am told. When
I arrived and decided to move the garage from the driveway back into the
garage I noticed the red button for lowering the top was lighted - solid
red light not flashing, and that the manual rollover bar indicator /
activator was lighted as well. The rollover bar is in the down position,
the top is in the full down position, the boot is latched / locked in the
down position. I have checked the fuse, no problem with the fuse. The
top has always operated flawlessly, since I was not present when he
lowered the top I have no idea of what if anything happened, I have every
reason to believe the fellow did nothing wrong to cause this problem. In
any case, can anyone of you give me some clues as to what to check and
what to do before heading off to the dealer or shop? As I mentioned these
lights are solid, not flashing. No beeping and t
he car can still be put into gear and driven as I was able to move it
back into its garage space. Any help will be appreciated. I've had the
car now for the past 5 months and love it!
Jody / Punta Gorda Florida
1996 SL320 - 29k
1989 190E 2.6 - 119k

--