[R129 SL] Sudden Engine miss on my 1996 SL500 - M119 engine

Anil M Seunath amseunath at atlanticlng.com
Thu Apr 19 09:19:32 EDT 2007

It is also possible that a coil is bad. (1 of 6) I speak from experience..
One bad coil can cause that.

This is a common problem on german cars with the bosch coil. I know the
this was a common defect on the Audi A4 a few years ago.. so don't feel too
bad.. it happens after time.

Anil.

EDDIEFISCHER at aol.
com
Sent by: To
r129list-bounces@ r129list at mbcoupes.com
mbcoupes.com cc

Subject
04/19/2007 03:11 Re: [R129 SL] Sudden Engine miss on
AM my 1996 SL500 - M119 engine

Please respond to
SL Mailing List
<r129list at mbcoupe
s.com>

I had the same problem and I took of either Distribitor Cap left and right
hand bank.Moisture sets in if parket for a long period of time.The Car
starts at first perfect and after 10 miles it starts to run un-even.Clean
Distributor and spray a bit of WD40 on inside and its ok than

regards
eddieThe MB Coupes Website!
R129 SL Mailing List