[R129 SL] Bad Tires

Jan Kuylaars J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl
Sat Apr 14 18:33:55 EDT 2007

Never buy 18 inch Chinese Wanli tires !
I bought last year 4 new tires and I must after 3500 miles replaces them now
for new.
I have 6-7 mm profile and from the outside the tires looks perfect .
But seen from the centre of the car every tires has over the side little
cracks.
I must replace them for new. The mechanics told me that everybody who bought
Wanli tires had the same complaints. My deliverer tells me there is no
warranty on the tires. He will give 40 Euro discount for every new tire. And
because I always have trouble with my 18 inch wheels, and the driving is
also not comfortable , I consider to set the original 16 inch wheels back
again. However the 18 inch wheels looks formidable, I had the same problem
already with Pirelli P6000. I now always look that the pressure is minimal
2.5 bar. I believe one of the reason could be the traffic speed limit bars
they use a lot here in the Netherlands. But when I drive my 124 station with
original 16 inch wheels and Michelin tires I never had this problem. After
driving 30 000 miles the profile was gone. Now I have also a Mazda 929 with
15 inch wheels and Michelin tires and I have also no problems. Maybe I
should use 17 inch wheels? It is between ; Better performance and also
better look?

Jan Kuylaars Westerhoven