[R129 SL] speedo cluster lens

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 4 13:14:26 EDT 2007

Bruce, when I "pulled" mine I actually pushed it out instead. It seemed to
me to be the least risky of the various methods at my disposal. Pulling
involves using hooks and hoping for the best. Pushing involves removing the
padded panel below the instruments and what I did was pad the backside of
the cluster from underneath and use a piece of wood like a lever to start it
out - then I used my hand to carefully push it out the rest of the way. Of
course I moved everything which would be in the way like seats to the rear
and telescopic steering wheel, etc. before I started.
Hope this helps, George Jenner