[R129 SL] Electric Window

Norm and Pat Waleke r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:39:21 -0700

Cliff,

(This info is in the owner's manual referring to the syncronization. This
may be more info than you need at this time, but you never know when it
might be helpful.)

When the battery has been replaced or interrupted, in order for the top
and/or roll bar to operate you first have to syncronize the windows.

Situation one - Top up

The procedure is to press the up side of the window button and make sure th=
window is in the uppermost position, then continue to hold the button for a=
additional 5 seconds. Do each window the same. At this point you should be
able to operate the top button and the light should go out. If the roll bar
button light does not go out then press it to go up and then hold for 5
seconds - you should be able to hear the pump at this point. Then press it
down and hold for 5 seconds. It should have everything back in order
(syncronized) and lights out. If not you may have some other problem and it
is best for the shop to hook up the computer and check for any faults.

Situation Two - Top down

Syncronize windows as in the above procedure, but in addition up will have
to manually raise the soft top. NOTE: REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION WHEN RAISING
THE TOP MANUALLY! This procedure is in the owner's manual, but basically yo=
have to open the lid (boot) with combination allen/open wrench that comes i=
tool kit. Raise lid, carefully pull the soft top up and out and fasten
(lock) the front of the soft top to the windshield - using the allen/open
wrench. Leave the bow section of the soft top in the upward position and th=
lid up (this part is not described in the owner's manual but the mechanic
said that is how it should be done). At this point operate the top button
for raising the soft top and it should finish the raising procedure. (We
were a little hesitant about raising the soft top manually, but we found ou=
that it isn't too difficult and can be done in about 5 minutes with two
people.)

Hope this helps,

Norm and Pat
New Mexico, USA
'89 M-B 560SL 42K (his) "White Knight"
'91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 34K (ours) "Blue Max"
'93 M-B 300E Sportline 50K (ours) "Green Hornet"
'97 M-B SL500AE 4K (hers) "Red Baron"
'98 M-B SLK230 7K (ours) "Slick"
'00 Honda S2000 2K (his) "Ichibon"
'01 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4K (ours) "Salsa"
'01 Plymouth Prowler .7K (hers) "Pumpkin"
photos: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover
SL Gallery: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover/page11a.html