[LargeFormat] Hello all

Dave Hornford dave.hornford at hornfordassociates.com
Wed Jun 4 19:20:15 EDT 2008

I think the hurdle I have to jump is the lens in box, the undeveloped film
in the freezer, the test prints stacked in my office. (I've always enjoyed
the apparent ambiguity whether lens is plural or singular)

She always asks the same devastating question - "I think that is a great
idea, when will you use it?", often followed up by the cutting "I really
like your photographs, I wish I had more finished prints." Spiteful, simply
spiteful.

I have thought of Uncle Dick's suggestion of threats - sadly both are bigger
(regular feeding was clearly a mistake) and I take undefended naps. The
younger trained in fencing before switching to the even more dangerous
electric guitar - "Dad used to listen to Metallica, I thought he'd like it".
The elder would have downloaded the score & highlighted the riffs. My only
defence is partial deafness (see Dad used to listen to...)

Uncle Dick takes pictures of 1920s belly dancers, Don searches out the more
visually appealing clear-cut logging & I take pictures of snow (yet again
Fine Focus' Snow & Ice workshop is pencilled in). What do the rest of us do?

Brock, I'm looking forward to a picture of your Alfa Spider with the
Adamesque photography platform. I was thinking last night it might fit on
the portage path to Myrtle & you are close.

Dave