[LargeFormat] Hello all

Wilkes, Don LCS:EX Don.Wilkes at gov.bc.ca
Wed Jun 4 11:55:27 EDT 2008

Gasp! It's Uncle Dick! I'd feared you lost in the great Wombat
explosion of 2004.

> Remember the Mighty Shen Hao?

Indeed I do. I believe you acquired that collossus before the rest of
the world became aware of their minimalist, bargain-priced "miniature"
field cameras. The sight of it all set up was something to behold --
truly inspriing. Can we have some more photos of it and the studio
these days? And are you still using Tit-X, or have you moved on to
something in the panchromatic field, or (startling shades of modernity)
colour?

> with a spanking new 180mm Tessar and a synchronising circuit

Wouldn't that be quite a wide-angle on your machine?

The new venture in the camera store should have many side-benefits,
especially the opportunity to obtain film at something nearer wholesale
prices, I should think. Then there's the opportunity to regale the
young'uns with tales of high adventure, of stories of derring-do in the
darkroom, and valour in the field of exposure. It's all a ploy, of
course, to lure amenable female photography students into your studio
for some languid snaps, but a photographer does what a photographer
must...

Toodles,
\Nephew Donald