[LargeFormat] Prepping Quickloads for development

Paul Aparycki tawow at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 8 13:25:35 EDT 2006

Any parcel coming into Canada from the US is allowed in tax free up to
$40.00. HOWEVER, there is always some nerd working at revenue/customs who
doesn't know the rules and will apply the taxes, GST and PST on the exchange
value of the merchandise AND they put on a handling fee of $15.00 (I thought
the income tax we pay is supposed to pay for things like their service and
salaries . . . silly me). If this happens, you do have the recourse of
filling out a variety of forms, submitting them, and then waiting for some
lazy civil serpent to get off their butt and process them. In due course,
many, many, many months later, you get a check back. I have been through
this farce a few times.

In my case I finally rented a US PO box and about twice a month I go to
Vermont. When I return, I usually declare what I have and they usually don't
care too much unless it is liquor or cigarettes. If you have the means, do
the same thing. I have saved thousands by purchasing a printer, a scanner,
my library of photoshop material, and various software and doing the
roadwork myself . . . AND it is a good excuse to get out for a drive and
take some photos!.

all the best
Paul Aparycki