[largeformat] new posts

List Admin LFlistadmin at f32.net
Mon Jun 19 19:25:32 EDT 2006

Dear All,

Great to see some activity on the list and a brief note to let you know
that I am still battling away to keep servers and list running. The usual
reason for a post being held for moderation is that HTML has been included
in the message.

Gradually I was spending more and more time simply battling spam and denial
of service attacks. When you spend over an hour each and every evening
dealing with EMail and server issues photography becomes excluded as I also
have to work to keep the wolf away from the door. After 5 years of this
level of work I simply threw my hands in the air and took a break. With
over 30000 EMails a day hitting the servers and just 1% getting through the
sophisticated defences, well you do the maths.

Les, sorry to hear that I missed your EMails and will have a look at your
account. The Forum was also attacked and there are some glitches that the
vendors are supposed to be sorting out. In the meantime Graeme decided to
set up his own Forum and took all with him and I wish him the best of luck.

Bottom line is that f32.net is a labour of love and perhaps like many love
affairs you can become blind to the realities - ie I have to pay for its
continued existence on a monthly basis and it takes time - with little
income! However I will not be beaten by the spammers and other demented
inhabitants of the digital world.

Keep the faith chaps - I wish you all good light and great images in your
large format photography!  I regard you all as friends and as such want to
keep you happy but please remember the work that goes on unseen just to
keep the ship afloat. Think of me as the captain who has taken up the role
of stoker in the boiler room as the crew desert ship :-)  The Leader has
never abandoned you, simply working hard alone to keep the ship afloat and
on course.

Please use the facilities, your cameras, burn film and keep posting!

Thanks to all those who have offered and given support.

All the very best,

Clive