[LargeFormat] New pictures of old cameras

Ole Tjugen oftjugen at online.no
Fri Dec 2 05:09:10 EST 2005

With the exception of my 30x40cm monster camera, all of mine will fit in
the same little rucksack. Not at the same time, though...

I found the Lowepro S&F Rover Lite to be just a fraction too small for the
Gandolfi, so I picked up another small pack (non-photographic) and found
to my delight that the Gandolfi fit nicely, along with a few lenses, five
or six lenses and some other stuff. Then I tried the "18x24cm Englische
Type Reisekamera" - and it fit too. Having only two holders for that
camera means more room for lenses. And a changing bag and extra film.
Then the rear-focusing Reisecamera is smaller and fit with even more room
- all the six holders, extra film, changing bag, any lenses I want to play
with since the iris mount takes anything, plus just about whatever. I
carry the tripod in a lighting stand bag over one shoulder.

BTW, has anyone else discovered that it's easier to change film in a
book-style plate holder with inserts in a changing bag than it is with
"regular" holders? Even the 18x24cm is easy, while 5x7" seems to be the
limit with "regular" holders!

Ole Tjugen