[LargeFormat] Wide field and Commercial Ektars

Mike Brown biglakeon9 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 9 13:25:28 EDT 2005

Copal began producing the Copal #3 in 1962.  Shortly there after came the
smaller copal #1 & 0.  Just when they were introduced in the US market I am
not certain
but believe by 1965 they had already arrived Stateside.
Compur & Compound had the lions share of the US market in imports and Ilex
dominated the domestic produced shutter market.

Commercial Ektars were all produced post WWII.  All of these lenses were
coated.  I do not have date when production commenced.  All Kodak lenses
have a 2 letter code indicating the yr. of mfg.  The code is numbered 1 thru
0 represented by the letters in the word: "CAMEROSITY".  C represent 1; A
represents 2, etc.