[LargeFormat] End of an Era at Arizona Highways

Schuyler Grace schuyler at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 22 03:00:40 EDT 2005

Actually, I'm almost through this box, but to turn this into a "Twilight
Zone" moment, it is one I got directly from Kodak as a replacement for a box
of TMax 100.  They abruptly (and with no notice) changed TMax 100 8x10 a few
years ago, making the new stock in a way that doesn't pass UV well, and I
didn't discover that until I was well into a box of the new stuff.  And to
make things stranger, I bought a box of 400 locally while I waited for Kodak
to decide whether they were going to exchange the 100 or not, and there
wasn't a single problem in that box.

If the locally-purchased newest box I just got into has problems, I'll
probably look to another manufacturer.  If not, I'll just chalk the bad
stuff up to a statistical bump.

But I still want my old TMax 100 back...