[LargeFormat] End of an Era at Arizona Highways

Schuyler Grace schuyler at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 21 15:19:45 EDT 2005

I'm not saying it's an altogether bad thing, but Arizona Highways made a
point of announcing in their latest issue that they have begun using some
digital images.  This won't end their 80-year association with LF
photography, but they won't be LF-exclusive any more.

Oh, and I'm now kind of hoping Kodak will do away with their B/W film
products sooner than later.  I processed a big batch of 8x10 TMY last night,
and more than a few sheets had pinholes in the emulsion.  Perhaps, I
thought, Kodak's strategy isn't just following industry trends, but simply
turning out worse and worse quality product, until no one wants to buy it.
Then, they can announce the end of another unprofitable line to
shareholders.

-Schuyler