[LargeFormat] Buckled film (was Big Old Cave)

Georges Giralt georges.giralt at free.fr
Tue Jun 7 01:45:17 EDT 2005

DigitallyScenic Photographer a écrit :
> Hi Ted:
>
> Any recommendations as to models, chemicals, etc?
Hi !
Well I do E6 at home, for roll film, not sheet for now...
I use a Jobo it is pergfect for this job.
I use Kodak Single use chemistry kit. (CAT 525 6763, this is European
versoin, as I'm French)
Fo temp measuring, I use a really cheap medical thermometer (the kind
like the old mercury one, but now containing another liquid metel, not
mercury... about 2$ each at my local pharmacy) It is really precise
around the 100 °F value and hold its reading once taken out of the
solution ! Helps reading !
For process and dilutions, see Claudio Bonavolta's Web page, there is a
great lot of information here :
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/e6.htm
keep away from the 3 bath kits. They are bad at high end films like
latest Fuji's or Kodak's.
Keep an eye also at the Agfa's AP44 kits. The hobby one uses only 4
baths (only the conditioner, bleach and fixer are mixed together in a
bleach fix, so provides very good results. It is a bit cheap (in France)
but as it runs only for 4 rolls 135 film, it will give you an oportunity
to test or practice without investing too much.
The main financial invest. is the Jobo, as you will have to go for a CPP
or CPA for large format, but you may have luck finding one in Ebay.
Beware second hand tanks can be a bad idea to save money, as no one
knows what chemistry has got in before...
As to processing skills, it's not so difficult. So with practice, you
will get perfect results. HAve a look at the Jobo web site under
support, they have detailled instructions easy to follow with their product.
Hope this helps

> Thanks,
You're welcome ;-)

> John
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <tedharris at mac.com>

--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière