[LargeFormat] 8x10 Darkslides

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 6 23:58:32 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schuyler Grace" <schuyler at bellsouth.net>
To: "'f32 Large Format Photography Mail List'"
<largeformat at f32.net>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 7:14 PM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] 8x10 Darkslides

>I have several of those (Fidelity Elite with metal slides),
>also, and I like
> them much better than the plastic ones that have gone
> brittle over time or
> the cardstock ones that seem to hold up pretty well but
> don't look like they
> are going to make it for the long haul.  It seems like the
> new Fidelity
> Elites I have bought over the years came with whatever
> they had on hand at
> the time, and the older ones I picked up secondhand have
> all come with the
> plastic ones.
>
> And thanks, Richard, for the AWB info.  I may go ahead and
> check in with him
> to see what he can do.
>
> -Schuyler

   For some reason I am under the impression that all three
of the current brands of holders are made by the same
company. I tried a web search but came up blank. If anyone
has _current_ holders see if there is a manufacturer's name
on them, or on the box if you still have it. My holders are
all pretty ancient so are useless for this information.
   It might also be worth calling Calumet to see what they
might do. If metal slides _are_ a current item they should
be available although perhaps on special order.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk at ix.netcom.com