[LargeFormat] DOS Attacks (was Big Old Cave)

List Admin LFlistadmin at f32.net
Mon Jun 6 15:18:32 EDT 2005

At 23:54 04/06/2005 -0500, William Gartin wrote:
>on 6/4/2005 1:46 PM, f32 Large Format List Admin wrote:
>
> > I have been absent for some time due to to pressure of work and any
> > spare time I have is spent defending f32.net from denial of service
> > attacks and the spammers. I hope that all the people here will make
> > good use of the list as I am battling away here to keep it running
> > smoothly.
>
>Spammers I understand... But why in the world would anyone want to DOS
>f32.net?
>
>--
>William Gartin
><http://grok.info>

Hello William,

I have asked myself the same question. It may be connected with the way
that some spammers were reported to the authorities. The attacks started
after certain spam servers were shut down.

Suffice to say that the ISP used for f32.net has some large volume clients
and even they are surprised by the attacks on f32.net.

All I can say is that f32 is not going to change its approach to spammers
and in the long term we will overcome.