[LargeFormat] Mystery compendium bellows

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 24 01:37:36 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Hemenway" <jim at hemenway.com>
To: "f32 Large Format Photography Mail List"
<largeformat at f32.net>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 7:05 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Mystery compendium bellows

> Can anyone tell me which camera is the one that this
> compendium was made to fit?
>
> http://www.hemenway.com/Compendium.jpg
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim Hemenway

   This is a Calumet shade for both the 8x10 and CC-400
series cameras. It came with an adaptor clamp for the
camera. I have both cameras and shades for both. The shade
is the same. Calumet probably offered adaptors for other
cameras but they are not shown in the catalogues for the
cameras I have.
   One of my adaptors has a broken spring clamp on the
front. I checked with Calumet probably three years ago and
found they had no spares left.
   This is a heavy and somewhat clumsy but entirely useful
shade that also takes 4x4 gelatin filters and all sorts of
diffusers on the front.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA