[LargeFormat] 5x7 - in a Jobo ATL-1500?

Frank Filippone red735i at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 01:39:32 EDT 2005

I have a JOBO CPE2.  It will not fit the 3000 series tanks.  Your ATL1500
will also not fit the tanks you should use.  That leaves you with the 2500
or 1500 Tanks.  The 1500 will fit, but not the negs.  The 2500 is your best
choice......preferably the 2523.  Short tank.  1 neg 5x7.

I have used he 4x5 tank with a 5x7 neg,  While it works, you will be
processing 1 neg at  a time.  Yes, 2 will fit, but they tend to move around
in the tank, causing 1 neg to overlap the other....and suffering some
processing fault.  I gave up.

I do use a JOBO 3005 ( 3006???) tank with the roller base in a water bath.
It works fine, but I must do the timing.  Filling is done in the way you
might expect... take tank out of water, drain, refill, put back in water.
It does work fine.

YOu might consider the ourchase of a motorized motor base.  Stick the tank
on top and watch her spin......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net