[LargeFormat] Paterson Orbital Processor

John Bagnall j.m.bagnall at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 07:27:32 EST 2005

Steve, Jim

I have only tried this with mono so far,  and it works well there,
with only one slight snag.  Because the film backing tends to adhere to
the processor surface, the anti-halation backing may not be cleared
fully. However, a little sodium sulphite as one would use with the
Polaroid p/n films clears it in a few seconds.
Since the processor is intended for colour print chemistry there is a
pre-warming process and a calculator included with the kit to work out
the right warming water temperature.  I dare say it might be problematic
with E6 though,  although I have read somewhere that people have tried
it. I am wondering whether C41 might work better as being less
critical.
The advantage for me of the Paterson is that it will handle 4 4x5, 2
5x7 or 1 10x8 in daylight and with automatic agitation and economical
one-shot chemistry.  No, I don't have shares in Paterson which I suspect
no longer exists.  The processors can be found - at least in the UK - on
that famous auction site.

John Bagnall