[LargeFormat] Happy Holidays!

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 8 12:26:06 2005

Deardorff a Tripod and a sled....................!
Have you not learned Les? A Arctic Snow Cat!
Ken

On Jan 8, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Clive Warren wrote:

> Hope the snow clears enough to allow you out of the house with the
> camera.
>
> Cheers,
>            Clive

Thursday we got about 6" overnight.   I wanted to go out and shoot
beautiful snow scenics, but knew my daughter would be bored and cold
(schools were closed).  So I tried to combine both of our wants.

To my dismay I found that a Deardorf with a Crown Tripod is not the
most stable on your typical plastic saucer type sled while traversing
down "deadman's hill"  I think next time I may use the Majestic
tripod
and a Flexible Flyer.   Although from the mutterings of my pre-teen
daughter  (...never been so embarrassed....,  ....how could you...
and
some other stuff I couldn't quite make out)  I may have to go it
alone
next time.

And as for Mandell and his ViewMaster findings, it's a shame you
didnt
get there earlier, I'm certain you just missed a brown American
Viewmaster Personal camera with both the 24" and the 36" close up
attachments.

sign me Grinch-green with envy

Les