[LargeFormat] new web site

Don Feinberg largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 26 12:10:15 2004

> I've yet to see the absence of that last "/" restrict me in any way.

The slash does not in fact restrict you in any way.  It's only a small
"performance" issue.  Following a url with a slash tells the webserver that
the client has specified a directoryname, not a filename, and that the
client wants the default (e.g., index.htm, etc.) file from that directory.

It's a small difference in any case.  The only difference is whether the
server has to do an "extra", "one above" directory lookup to find out
whether client specified a filename or directoryname.  The whole issue
completely depends on the implementation of the webserver in question.

Don Feinberg
ducque@mindspring.com