[LargeFormat] [Fwd: Dealing with recalibrated shutter]

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 13 16:55:01 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georges Giralt" <georges.giralt@free.fr>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] [Fwd: Dealing with recalibrated
shutter]

> Brock Nanson a écrit :
> > Let's try this again... perhaps the list is working for
a few more
> > minutes now.

delay at
> > customs.  They included the sheet indicating the actual
shutter times in
> > milliseconds for each speed.  What I'd like to do is
create a small
> > chart to keep with the shutter that would indicate in
friendly terms
> > what each speed really is.  I'm thinking that doing it
in stops might
> > make more sense, rather than showing each speed for what
it is (1/60th
> > is actually 1/45th etc).  Or more exactly, the stop
difference between
> > the neighboring speeds.  But it'll be different
depending which
> > direction you compare... it makes my head ache.
> >
> > What is the 'right' or 'common' way to deal with the
shutter error so
> > that zone system etc. can be handled nicely... (without
a PDA ;-)?

> > Brock
> Hi Brock !
> Have you considered Vedic mathematics ? This the only way
I know to
> handle mental complex calculation.
> Have a look at
> http://vedmaths.tripod.com/
> And maybe you will save the PDA batteries ;-)
> --
> Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons
recyclés.
> Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière
> pendant l'écriture de ce message. S'il vous plaît aidez
nous
> à conserver nos ressources, recyclez vos électrons !

   Interesting. I learned the trick of "casting out nines"
when I was a kid. There is a perfectly valid basis for it
which I have no forgotten but which is in number theory
somewhere.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA