[LargeFormat] Icefields Parkway (Banff/Jasper Highway)

Dave Hornford largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 6 23:14:02 2004

A while back there was some talk of meeting in/around the Icefield parkway
on the highway between Banff (Lake Louise) and Jasper.

I've been up & down the road four times this summer going to/from
backpacking & kayaking trips and am going back in September to take
photographs. It will be either the weekend of September 25th, or more likely
September 18th - Friday afternoon to Sunday.

If any would like to join me I would be more than happy to demonstrate my
ability to go to into the field during unseasonable fog or
thunder/lightning/snow/sleet storms.

For those familiar with the area I plan on staying at either the Rampart
Creek or Beauty Creek Hostel
(http://www.hihostels.ca/hostels/Alberta/index.html). Depending on the
weather a mixture of big rock & ice photography in and around the Columbia
Icefield, a side trip to Mysta Canyon, and a collection of
streams/waterfalls along the route.

Regards Dave

Dave Hornford
dave@qillaq.com