[LargeFormat] Just quiet or out of order?

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 5 00:48:01 2004

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> [...]

Hi Richard,

The lens I have is a Kodak Ektar 127mm f4.7 in a Graphic Supermatic
shutter (which actually seems to be fairly close to the marked speeds).

The rear cell looks pretty good to me.  Some minor polishing scratches
visible when you get it right up to a bright light.  The front cell is
the one with the problem.  I've cleaned both sides of it, but still has
what can only be described as a sandblasted look when you get it right
to the light.  Rather than scratches, just specks that could have been
put there by blown sand.  Does this sound like the haze you describe?

I gather from your description above, that there should be two elements
in this front cell, but won't be cemented.  Is that right?  Would this
one be of the same design as you describe?  I'm not quite sure I can see
how to take it apart.  The retaining ring you describe - this is the
beveled ring with the focal length and aperture inscribed?

Brock