[LargeFormat] Test - push del

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 10 01:04:18 2004

Stein wrote:

> Dear Nephew Brock,
>
>      Uncle Dick has been desperately working to get enough pictures for a
> belly-dance exhibition at the start of June. He is working nightly in a dark
> room, fuelled by strong coffee and stronger language. He is determined to
> either succeed or murder several people and bury them in the back yard of
> the studio. Right now he is searching for a shovel...

I would suggest some late-night work with an excavator.  I have it on
good authority that the police generally don't dig deeper than the
average murderer with a regular shovel.  If you can go down three or
four metres and compact in 300mm lifts with a jumping jack, you should
get away with it.  Of course, it might be easier to just send the stuff
to a lab... ;-)

>     No, it is not like that at all, Officer. All is going well, and the 11 x
> 14 prints are rolling out of the machine. UD has learned to his cost that he
> must keep sufficient stocks of one emulsion in the fridge so he does not run
> out of film in the middle of a shoot and have to substitute another brand.
> They may all work, and work well, but having to do 3 different filter packs
> for one dancer in the printing stage and trying to get them to
> match....hence the language.
>
>     UD also humbly apologises for not sending Nephew Brock his prize for the
> last contest. It has all been that busy here. Patience - it will arrive.
> Howdja fancy a box filled with 5 kilos of increasingly bizarre test prints
> of belly dancers. No two exposures the same and skin tones every colour of
> the rainbow.

5 kilos equals a whole bunch of test prints!  I had a 250 sheet box of
one inch wide test strips from my studio days... all of eyes.  I always
used the eyes for exposure and contrast adjustments as I could also test
sharpness.  I had ideas of creating a collage of eyes, but that just
never happened...!

Brock