[LargeFormat] Keep the list alive! - Off Topic - 6x6cm

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 6 16:53:06 2004

Hi Folks:

Some of you folks know a lot about optics, so I'm wondering if anyone
can tell me if chromatic aberration is the name for the green and red
stripes on the sides of the lighthouse in the first picture in the set
below.  Look for the blow-up under the Boston Harbor photo on the left
side of the pair.

If it is chromatic aberration, why does it show up one one fisheye lens
and not the other?  Is there a missing element?

These are some side-by-side fisheye photos taken with the Arsat 30mm on
a Kiev 60, and the Zeiss F-Distagon 30mm on a Rollei 6008i.

When you click on any of them you'll be presented with large photos. If
you press your right mouse button, (in Netscape 7.1) and choose view
image, the photo(s) will be reduced in size to fit your screen. I think
that something similar is available in IE.

Astia 100

Most at f8 - f16

No sharpening

No PS work except for spotting.