[LargeFormat] Introduction

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 3 05:02:49 2004

At 14:48 29/04/2004 -0400, AhYouBecky@aol.com wrote:
>Hello Paul and everyone.
>
>I've been on this list for nearly a year but for some reason, most of my
>posts wouldn't ever show up so I quit posting and just continued to enjoy
>everyone else's posts. I'm not even sure this one will make it onto the
>list. I'll soon find out! :-)
snip

Hello Becky and All,

Well this one got through and thanks for the intro. The usual reason for
posting problems is HTML in the messages sent to the list or including
attachments such as "visiting cards". The server accepts plain text
messages only. I have been meaning to implement a filter that simply
discards all HTML in posts but time is one thing in short supply here.

So, if you receive an Email telling you that you have suspicious headers -
it's nothing to do with your hairstyle! Try sending again using plain text
only. As the list server now receives over 200 spam messages a day it is
not possible to follow up on all failed posts - as most fail with the same
error message.

There is a very healthy number of members on the list but many appear to be
happy lurking. We have one or two people signing up almost every week but
don't seem to hear a lot from them!

Come on you lurkers - please introduce yourselves. Unlike many other places
the members here don't bite - they may bark a little though :-)