[LargeFormat] New Cooke Convertible Series XVa Lens!

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Wed Apr 14 19:23:14 2004

Hi Huib,

The lens is a modern version of the original Cooke Series XV Triple
Convertible lens.  It shares the same focal lengths as the original which
was first made in the 1930s.  Ansel Adams used the lens in the 1940s
(remember "Moonrise"?)  Cooke had several requests for a remake, so we
obliged.  It is for 8x10 format, like its predecessor.  If you are in the
UK, Clive Warren will be the first workshop to have the lens to show
around.  If you are in the US, the Large Format View Camera conference in
Monterey, California is coming up end of April.  Gordon Hutchings will have
a lens with him there as well.

Cheers,

Barbara Lorwy
Cooke Optics Limited
Leicester, England
+1-973-335-4460 (in NJ, USA)
barb@cookeoptics.com
www.cookeoptics.com

                    "Huib Smeets"
                    <huib@huibsmeet        To:     <largeformat@f32.net>
                    s.com>                 cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     RE: [LargeFormat] New Cooke Convertible Series XVa Lens!
                    largeformat-adm
                    in@f32.net

                    04/14/2004
                    04:27 PM
                    Please respond
                    to largeformat

Hi,

I see that Badger has a price tag attached to it: USD 2225,--

From the description is sounds like an 'old' design but manufactured
with modern materials...

Huib
www.huibsmeets.com