Tan.: Process cameras. Was [LargeFormat] apo ronar

Ronald Schilling largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 21 14:32:31 2004

My dad had a process camera. A Brown, if I recall correctly. He used it
for making printed circuit board artworks and other drafting and copying
work (1967 through 1994). My earliest memories of photography are of
placing Kodalith Ortho film on the vacuum back in the little room with
the red safelight and the smell of rapid fixer. I was about six or
seven. Later, I worked with him and learned how to use the camera for
enlarging and reducing. There was a book with settings to crank the
lensboard and copyboard to. He also had some color separation filters
(red and blue) but we didn't use them all that much.

When he sold his equipment to the company he went to work for, the
camera went to. Dad works somewhere else now, so I guess the camera is
just wasting away in storage somewhere. If I had the money and room, I'd
buy it back in a heartbeat. I guess there aren't too many people who've
grown up with a process camera.

Ron