[LargeFormat] apo ronar

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 21 07:14:35 2004

Hi everyway;
	I picked up an60mm apo-ronar yesterday - I litterally tore apart the
process camera by hand - sad to see these things going away - give it ten
years, nobody will remember what they looked like.  :(

	Lens is in excellent shape, and i still harbour dreams of jumping from 4x5
to 8x10, so I jumped at the chance for the lens.  No shutter of course
(anybody got a spare Ilex #5?  :), but can anone tell me how to date a lens
form the serial number for Rodestock?  I know how to for Kodak and I have
the list for Schneider, but not Rodenstock.  The serial number on this one
is 10231544.

	On a bit of a tangent, is anyone else sad to see these process cameras
bign shut down everywhere?  I mean, i fully understand business wise it is
happening,a nd every time a local one shuts down and I hear aobut it, my
lenses collection grows - for example, I have a wonderful red dot artar
8.24" I use all the time with splended results.  I even get used ot
focusing at F9, becuase i backpack a lot and th elens is small and light.

	But still, I thkk all the technique and technology and even the art of
using these process cameras will sooon be a hting of the past, something
just sad about that.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem