[LargeFormat] Making Shen Hao bag bellows

Matt Kennedy largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 19 14:52:15 2004

Greetings, all.

I'm about to embark on construction of a bag bellows for my Shen
Hao 4x5. Having never actually seen a bag bellows, I was
wondering if anyone had one and could tell me the dimensions? I
primarily need to use it for my 90mm Fuji SW, which is a bit too
snug for my comfort with the pleated bellows. I would like my
bag to be long enough to perhaps use my longer lenses with it
and save some bellows changing when I feel lazy. My other lenses
are a 135mm and a 210mm. Does (or should) a bag bellows contain
a wire hoop or the like to keep the center portion from drooping
into the light cone? Would this be a bigger problem for longer
extensions?

Thanks!

Matt Kennedy
Arkansas, North America