[LargeFormat] Large Format SLR

LNPhoto largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 11 10:14:04 2004

Self capping means that it won't re-expose the film when you wind the
shutter back up.

this is easier to do when you have two sheets of cloth and us a
mechanical means to vary the time/distance between them creating the
slit.

The earliest Graflex (circa 1900) used this without success. That's
when William Folmer invented his single piece "roller blind" shutter
(I always wondered if he quoted Carol Burnett in her send up of Gone
with the wind....."I saw it in the window and just had to have it")

You just have to remember to put that darkslide back in before winding.

Les