[LargeFormat] Large Format SLR

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 11 04:54:06 2004

Hi Philip:

I find the Graflex 4x5 SLR much easier to work with than I do a
conventional monorail, even with a reflex viewfinder.

It's less bulky and I can walk about and shoot handheld. As you know,
real photographers don't need tripods for 4x5 and smaller :-)

When I visited Steve Grimes a few months before he died, he had several
Graflex cameras which were in various states of repair.  He told me that
they were all from NY fashion photogs.

The only camera that I might prefer to the Graflex would be a
Gowlandflex TLR.  http://www.petergowland.com/camera/

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com