[LargeFormat] 11x14 Format Costly...

Georges Giralt largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 11 04:36:05 2004

Selon Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>:
> Bonjour to you Georges:
>
> I did try developing them in a Beseler print drum.  The best results
> were when both the chemicals and the ambient temperature were the
> same... last summer in July.
>
> At Jim Brick's suggestion I also tried the single use kit but discovered
> that it's tedious to mix so many small amounts each time, while also
> trying to keep the Beseler from leaking and falling off of its motor.
>
> So, I will eventually use it up on 135 and 120 Provia F in Nikor tanks.
>
> I haven't seen a Jobo big enough to do 11x14, what model number should I
> look for?
>
> Vince tried to convince me to get a Wing-Lynch but I don't have the room
> for one and I'm still happily unemployed... but that also means that I
> don't have a lot of $$$ for one, and is also the reason that I usually
> shoot only 2-3 11x14 chromes at a time.
It can be considered an insult on this list, but...
I use my Jobo CPE 2 to do 5 135 film at a time, using 625cc chemistry from the
Kodak kit. Using standard measures, and "pipette" (I do not know the exact
English term for glass calibrated tubes to measure small volumes of chemistry)
it is easy to make the batch.
With this method, my slides are _really_ perfect !
I know, it is not directly applicable to LF, but...
Jobo state that their expert drums can handle at max 8 1/2x12 film sheets...
Maybe a scissor will help ;-)
So Jobo is not the way to go ...
HAve a nice day !