[LargeFormat] Macro photography and movements

Paul Butzi largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 31 14:48:02 2004

> I've just been trying to do some macro photography at about a 1:1
> ratio, and had trouble using tilt to control the plane of focus. Now
> that I've given up for today, its occurred to me that at this
> magnification tilt and swing may not behave as expected, as small
> changes in lens distance change magnification rather than point of
> focus for a 'conventional' camera.

All changes in lens-to-film distance change the point of focus and
'magnification' for both conventional and view cameras.

> Does nay one know what should happen when using tilt or swing at this
> distance, please?

Tilt and swing will work exactly as you expect regardless of the focus
distance/magnification.

-Paul