[LargeFormat] Apo Nikkor

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 29 18:36:10 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "philip lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Apo Nikkor

> Is there a simple way of mounting a process or enlarger
lens on a shutter or
> does it always involve machining etc?  PL

   One can set up a large standard shutter to accept lenses
on small lens boards. An adaptor must be made but once done
you can mount any number of lenses on the same shutter.
   Some barrel lenses wills screw directly into some
shutters. Steve Grimes shop can tell you which fit. The back
shutter works fine for most purposes. There is some
vignetting as the shutter opens and closes but this time is
very short compared to the usual exposure time.
   some older lenses can be mounted directly in shutters but
most can't. The cells of my 15" Tele-Optar, for instance,
screw directly into a Wollensak Alphax No.4 shutter, with
correct spacing.
   I have a No.5 Ilex Universal with a lens board adaptor on
which I can mount any barrel lens up to its capacity.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com