[LargeFormat] 5x7 Press Graflex Film Holders...

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 24 15:56:25 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "tripspud" <tripspud@transbay.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] 5x7 Press Graflex Film Holders...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2979982353&category=4701

>       Two are the correct larger size, the other two plain
vanilla 5x7 holders.  These
> are somewhat hard to find.  If anyone else on the list has
more of the larger
> 5x7 Graflex holders to sell, I'd be interested, as I
intend to make major use of
> the camera.
>

> Rich

  The photos are not wonderfully clear but it appears that
the smaller holders are standard Graphic type, they seem to
have the raised light trap ridge. The larger holders are not
Graflex holders, they don't have the side grooves, but may
fit. I can't tell if they have ridges or grooves for the
light trap. Some view cameras, I think some Korona cameras,
have holders with grooves rather than ridges at the end.
That may be what these are.
FWIW I measured a Graphic type 5x7 holder. Its 5-/8" wide,
7-5/8th" from the loading flap end to the lock ridge, 8-3/4"
overall length, and 9/16th" thick. I don't have any Graflex
holders. By memory they are thicker but not larger in other
dimensions.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA