[LargeFormat] Winter oil change

Mike Finley largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 18 08:44:10 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:57:23 -0000, "philip lambert"
<philip.lambert@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Cautionary tale:

>These odd effects were temporary, as a day later as the slow speeds were
>working again and most speeds were more or less a half stop slow. I can =
live
>with this if speeds are consistent by putting a small correction table =
or
>note  on the lensboard. Over-exposure doesn't bother me on negative film
>(although it would on 'chromes) but unpredictable speeds are a bother.  =
>suppose a professional overhaul would be good. Regrettably the firm I =
used
>for my 203mm Ektar didn't do much of a job.  Philip

Oh dear, the shutter on my 203 Ektar has just seized up completely.
Who did you use to get it fixed, Philip, so I can avoid them! Is there
anyone else in the UK who can fix these old shutters (or instructions
anywhere on the internet), or do I just need to invest in a hat and a
stock of ND filters?