[LargeFormat] E100G and Velvia Comparison

Dave Mueller largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 16 08:46:01 2004

Ron,

It was my first trip with the 4x5, and my first chromes.  I bought a 10
sheet box of each film (OK, I took some extra Velvia), the local lab was
generous enough to give me their last sample of the E100G.  I thought it
was a good test, so I'm trying to find a way to get the images scanned
and put them on my website.  I'll take a good look at them this weekend
and post my opinions.  None of the exposures was long enough for
reciprocity (I think all under 1s).  I did ask Kodak about reciprocity
for sheet films, they said the new E100G is probably the best.  I was
suprised how the saturation changed for each film depending on the
lighting.  In sunlight, Velvia wins.  In overcast lighting, E100G wins.
 I don't remember being impressed with the 100VS or Provia for any of
the shots.  I'm sure they are more accurate, finer grain etc, but for
the "wow" factor, Velvia and E100G win hands down.

Dave