[LargeFormat] Kodak to Stop Making Film-Based Cameras!

Dave Mueller largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 15 10:22:02 2004

Vince Dobson wrote:

>K,
>
>I  think you have me.  I was thinking in the normal wave length light
>spectrum.  Plus I'm still shooting Ektar 25 and still have 50 or so rolls in
>the freezer where it is keeping nicely.  It is a little warmer but not
>fogged yet and the contrast is still there, but of course they quit making
>that 10 or so years ago.
>

>Vince Dobson
>Visions In Nature
>www.visionsinnature.com

I do agree with you regarding Kodak's intentions.  I have a 100' spool
of Tech Pan in the freezer, and a few boxes of 4x5 HSI.  I'm trying to
avoid their products based on principle, but I just got some shots back
from the lab from a trip to Utah in March.  I was very impressed with
their new E100G.  In full sunlight, I think the Velvia 50 shots are
better.  However, on the overcast days, the Velvia was dull and flat,
the E100G looked like what you would have expected from the Velvia -
much more vibrant and saturated.  I took 4 E6 flims and shot them all in
a row, I wanted to see what I liked best (Provia, Velvia, E100G and
E100VS).  At least I narrowed it down to two :-)

Dave