[LargeFormat] Re:5x7 Press Graflex Film Holders..

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 10 17:00:25 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "philip lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Re:5x7 Press Graflex Film
Holders..

> At a camera fair last year I saw a twinlens reflex 5x4 on
sale.  That was a
> handfull as well.Was it a one-off or were they
manufactured?
> PL

   Probably a Gowlandflex. Peter Gowland tried to combine
the features of a Graflex and a Rolleiflex. At the time most
magazines would not accept small format pictures, especially
color. The Gowlandflex uses idendical lenses for both finder
and taking. I think he still makes them. He has a web site,
I think a Google search would find it. He also makes
lightweight compact view cameras. He is a friendly man and
will talk to you on the phone if you call.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com