[LargeFormat] Linhof Technikardan

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 12:24:14 2004

Clive,

> 340mm extension is also very useful - how
> rigid is the
> camera at full extension?

First, the 340mm of extension is the spec for the smaller 6x9cm version
of the Technikardan. The extension of the 4x5" version is 480mm.

Due to the nature of the construction, 3 sections, the rail isn't
ofcourse as rigid as if it would be made from 1 piece. As long as wind
is not blowing anything harder than 4 to 5 Bft it is ok at full
extension. As an option you can buy a so called Macro rail, it attaches
to the first and third section (on near of full extension) and offers
more stability.

> The lens you have fitted seems a bit of a beast - Copal #3 shutter?

Yep, a Sinaron/Sironar 300mm beast mounted in a #3.

> The Linhof central control module is mentioned on the Linhof
> web site and
> shown attached to a lensboard although not described. Am
> assuming that it
> is a remote gizmo for setting aperture and shutter speed
> allowing you to
> work behind the camera.

"Extactomundo" as Fonzie from Happy-Days would say :-)  But the 'gizmo'
is only an option for Prontor  shutters and thus not available for
Copal.

> It's always good to have an object of desire :-)

:-) :-)

Huib.

I rather start to sound like a Linhof Salesrep :-) but I'm not, before
buying the Linhof I seriously opted for the Canham DLC.