[LargeFormat] Hand Luggage UK Airports - Suggestions?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 07:44:01 2004

At 2:21 pm +0000 2/1/04, Clive Warren wrote:
>I am looking for a good bag to carry LF kit for air travel.

snip

Found this info. on the Tenba bag web site for US hand luggage allowances:

  Airline		Max Size # of Bags	Weight	Exclusions
  American Airlines
                 45"			2	no limit  purse not included
  America West	23x13x9		2	no limit  handbags not included
                 or 21x16x8
  Continental	45"			1	40 lbs.	  business,
computer case not included
  Delta			22x14x9		3	40 lbs.	  small
business case not included
  Northwest		22x14x9		3	40 lbs.	  small purse
not included
  Southwest		24x16x10	2	no limit  camera bag
/ hand bag not included
  TWA			24x16x10	2	no limit
  United Airlines 45"		2	50 lbs.
  US Air			24x16x10	3	40 lbs.	  camera bag
/ hand bag not included

Now it may be that these have changed since the world became a more
dangerous place.... Given that Tenba seem to have problems in
describing the dimensions of their own bags probably best to check
this info. with the airline before travelling.

The Tenba site shows a P265: PBA photo back pack for airlines but the
measurements of the bag stated on the site are clearly incorrect. I
do like the Tenba bags and use a P264: PBL large photo back pack
which I think is hard to beat. Quality does come at a price though....

http://www.tenba.com/camera/backpack3.htm

Still looking and would be grateful for any more suggestions.